ELEMISSION inc. is proud to introduce the fourth generation of LIBS hyperspectral imaging technology for microanalysis: the CORIOSITY G4.
If you are planning the acquisition of a micro-XRF instrument, you should definitely contact us to get more information about what LIBS technology does much better than micro-XRF. First of all, LIBS microanalyzers are at least 45 times faster (including vacuum pumping). Normally, it takes 20 to 30 minutes for a modern micro-XRF to evacuate the sample chamber prior analysis while the LIBS analyzer doesn’t require vacuum conditions: place the sample as is, close the door and start the analysis immediately!
We also scaled up the throughput to the next level: our CORIOSITY G4 is equipped with an autosampler. The LIBS technology is more sensitive than micro-XRF for heavier elements. Moreover, light elements like H, Li, B, C, N, O, P, F, Na and Mg can even be detected at trace level!
Finally, CORIOSITY instruments are powered by artificial intelligence to learn and recognize spectral patterns in mineralogical analysis. More specifically, they can report the quantitative automated mineralogy like most modern scanning electronic microscope equipped with energy dispersive spectroscopy (SEM-EDS).
Here’s a small list of the principal specifications:
· A true speed of 1,000 individual spectra per second
· A maximum spatial resolution of 50 microns
· High selectivity, even for the lightest elements (which are not detectable using the XRF technology)
· Absolute sensitivity down to the femtograms
· 2D and 3D multi-elemental mapping
· Lightspeed Smart Automated Mineralogy powered by machine learning
· An autosampler for high throughput analysis
· A state-of-the-art software with an intuitive user interface
Interested in microanalysis?
Our LIBS Control software uses the power of machine learning to carry out mineral analysis from spectral data, and outputs striking images rendering a clear picture of a sample’s mineral or compositional distribution.
You’re looking for a micro-XRF instrument? STOP! The latest technology in microanalysis is LIBS hyperspectral imaging: you should definitely learn more about our newest CORIOSITY G4.